Following the completion of successful Community Lions Development Days across Yorkshire, Cumbria and Lancashire in November and December; 60 of the best Under-19s in the community game, representing 36 clubs, have been selected for a further trial event at Ruskin Drive, St Helens, that will be shown live via Our League on Sunday 6th February (12:30pm).
The 60 players will be separated into three squads of twenty and everyone will have the chance to impress across three short fixtures.
Ultimately, this will assist Under-19s Lions boss Allan Coleman in selecting a squad for the proposed 2022 European Championships, set to take place in Italy during early September.
Ten players have already represented the Community Lions Under 17s last term, while Hensingham's Logan Holgate, one of the youngest to receive a call-up, played in the Lions Under 16 international against Wales last August.
Three others - Mekhi Bridgeman-Reaney (Stanningley) Noah Lancelot and Marco Williamson (Leigh Miners Rangers) each featured in the first round of the Betfred Challenge Cup, while Mason Palmer, one of five West Hull prospects, is already making a name for himself in the first team frame.
"It was a difficult process," Coleman reflected.
"Our first trial was in Yorkshire and we had over a hundred trialists. We were against the clock in getting a squad together. We've got to get these games in before things really start for their clubs. It's really important then the players can concentrate on their community clubs and we can also get a squad together and do some squad building and training together. I feel that we'll get it right and I'm really looking forward to this day."
"The way Alan Davidson and the Lions programme have planned it, it becomes special. Two or three years ago, before Covid, we had a massive turnout. It was on Our League and a lot of people watched. It does build up and there is a big excitement.
"It was good to see we got nominations from a lot of clubs," he added.
"It's testimony to the guys coaching these players week in, week out, and producing this talent. We are fortunate that we get to coach the elite, but it's the community guys doing the hard work and credit should go to them.
"I'm very impressed by the quality within the group. If you can get there and see it live, I'd recommend that, but if not, then you can enjoy on Our League."
The 60 players selected are:
- Adam Cash - Odsal Sedbergh
- Bailey Arnold - Birkenshaw Bulldogs
- Charlie Walker - Brighouse Rangers
- Jake Smith - Cottingham Tigers
- George Painter - Cottingham Tigers
- Kian Fisher - Drighlington
- Bradlee Radford - East Hull
- Thomas Clarke - Heworth
- Jack Briggs - Hunslet Parkside
- Bradley Wheeler - Hunslet Parkside
- Josh Leeson - Westgate Common
- Archie Halmshaw - West Bowling
- Max Tordoff - West Bowling
- Harvey Oldroyd - Siddal
- Harvey Kemp - West Hull
- Kieran Welburn - West Hull
- Mason Palmer - West Hull
- Robbie Jones - West Hull
- Sam McCauley - West Hull
- Mekhi Bridgeman-Reaney - Stanningley
- Connor Foster - Shaw Cross Sharks
- Jacob Goodall - Shaw Cross Sharks
- Callum Brian - Shaw Cross Sharks
- Louis Guthrie - North Leeds Leopards
- Alfie Hewitt - North Leeds Leopards
- Kian Cockshott - Wibsey Warriors
- Andy Djeukam - East Leeds
- Atlee-Jack Skillen - Maryport
- Blaine Graham - Kells
- Jack Ainley - Kells
- Taylor Richardson - Hensingham
- Logan Holgate - Hensingham
- Rio Wilson-McQuistan - Millom
- Jack Newbiggin - Millom
- David Beck - Ulverston
- Evan Foster - Ulverston
- Ross Bird - Askam
- Mitchell Todd - Lowca
- Taylor Roberts - Roose Pioneers
- Harry Penny - Ince Rose Bridge
- Dylan Turner - Oldham St Annes
- Kristian McVeigh - Rochdale Mayfield
- Matthew Brown - Rochdale Mayfield
- Toby Hughes - Newton Storm
- Harrison Picton - Newton Storm
- Mark Alban - Newton Storm
- Connor Goldthorpe - Thatto Heath
- Kieran Dean - Thatto Heath
- Matthew Parkes - Leigh Miners
- Noah Lancelott - Leigh Miners
- Tyler Birtle - Leigh Miners
- Marco Williamson - Leigh Miners
- Scott Parnaby - Waterhead
- Callum Murphy - Waterhead
- Josh Wagstaff - Langworthy Reds
- Luc Slater - Orrell St James
- Ryan Lockett - Pilkington Recs
- Josh Clarke - Wigan St Judes
- Ryan Wood - Wigan St Judes
- Alfie Pyke - Wigan St Judes