Following the success of last year’s Community Rugby League Raffle, the RFL and Play Fund Win are working together again this year to raise vital funds for Community Rugby League clubs across the country.
With the help of Play Fund Win, the RFL will be hosting another digital raffle – the Community Rugby League Raffle – across the 2022 season, right up to 1 October ahead of the Rugby League World Cup.
Play Fund Win is a licensed digital fundraising platform offering community clubs the opportunity to develop new income streams to support their operations and development. The Community Rugby League Raffle draw sees 70% of each participant’s £5 entry fee donated to the community club or foundation of their choice.
As part of the raffle, entrants will be entered into two prize draws. The first is a national, sport-wide raffle offering opportunities to win some fantastic prizes, including tickets to this year’s Rugby League World Cup Wheelchair and Men’s and Women’s double-header finals. The second draw is ring-fenced only for those who selected each community club and features a jackpot which increases by £1 from every ticket sold. The split draw structure ensures that every club has a winner, as well as the club themselves benefitting from the majority of the entry fees.
When entering the draw, ticket purchasers will be asked to select the community club or foundation they want to benefit from their entry and that club will receive 70% of that entry fee, which equates to £3.50 of the £5 ticket price. The remaining 30% builds up to form the prize pot and covers the operating cost of staging the draw.
Entry is a simple process, click here and select the club you would like to benefit from the raffle entry fee.
Marc Lovering, the RFL’s Director of Participation and Development, says: “Last year’s draw was a tremendous success, raising thousands for teams across the UK. I have no doubt that this year will be even bigger and better – as we strive to raise as much money as possible for Community Rugby League to put the sport’s grassroots in an even better place following this year’s World Cup.
“The combination of exciting money-can’t-buy prizes and a guaranteed winner at each club will, no doubt, be attractive to many of our Community Clubs and raise a considerable sum for them.”
Dan Schofield, CEO, Play Fund Win, adds: “We were thrilled with the response to last year’s Community Rugby League Raffle with over 100 community clubs benefitting with funds from the draw and some very happy prize winners. I’m delighted we’ve been given the opportunity to build on the success of last year’s draw and to work with the RFL again in 2022.
“I’d encourage all clubs, and their members and supporters, to really get behind the draw and harness our digital fundraising platform to raise essential revenue to help support the community game.”
Orrell St James ARL chair, David Livesley, says: “Play Fund Win is the perfect solution for a club like ours to generate additional income. We saw a great support in last year’s draw and have been able to invest the funds raised into improving our facilities for the benefit of our local community. As a club we will be engaging in the raffle again this year and asking our players and parents to support it for the benefit of our club. I would encourage community clubs across the country to take advantage of this brilliant opportunity to fundraise.”
Clubs can also stage their own Play Fund Win draws and continue to fundraise using the simple, licensed digital raffle platform. Anybody wanting to find out more about staging their own draws as a regular income stream should visit https://playfundwin.com/host/.